Submit An Event
If you're hosting an event that you'd like to list on Frugal Fun Ottawa, you can fill out the , or email the details to contactme(at)frugalfunottawa(dot)ca. Be sure to include the event name, date, location, time, a brief description, and the event website (if there is one). If you've noticed an event that you think should be on the site and you want to bring it to my attention, feel free to contact me about it.
Event Submission Guidelines
- Events must be free, frugal ($10 or less for a family of four) or almost frugal ($20 or less for a family of four). I do occasionally list events that are not frugal but which I can personally recommend, or which I find so interesting that I feel compelled to include them.
If you think your event will fall into this category, please submit it and I'll take a look.
- Events that fall into one of the categories listed above are posted free of charge. If your event doesn't fall into one of these categories but you'd like to advertise it on Frugal Fun Ottawa, you can get a copy of my ad rate sheet by emailing advertise(at)frugalfunottawa(dot)ca or by requesting it using my contact form.
- I get many charitable event submissions every month, and in order to keep the events calendar focussed on family fun, I've decided not to list them unless they are free or frugal, AND they are clearly fun family activities. I do offer discounted advertising rates for charitable functions; please contact me if you'd like more information.
- If your event is submitted less than five days before the event date, I'll do my best but I can't guarantee that it will get posted.
- Suggestions for the seasonal and year-round activities pages are always welcome.
- I'm trying to keep the site as non-commercial as possible. I don't list art sales, garage sales, craft fairs, etc. even if admission is free. (The only exception is the Glebe Garage Sale, but it's become somewhat of a show in itself!) I don't list events which take place in locations where attendees would be expected to purchase high-priced items. I do occasionally list activities such as kids' workshops which take place in stores (such as the kids' do-it-yourself workshops at the Home Depot), as long as the cost is minimal and I think it would be a fun activity.
- When an event doesn't have a website, please provide the name and phone number of someone to contact for more information, if possible.
- And finally, I reserve the right to post or not to post any event, at any time.